Senators' Pageau suspended 1 game for boarding
- Canada, Finland advance to worlds final
- Blues hoping to exercise playoff demons
- Canadiens sign D Kulak to 3-year deal
- Coaches Cassidy, Berube look to lift Cup
- Bruins' veterans may be key in Cup Final
NEW YORK (AP) The NHL has suspended Ottawa Senators forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau for one game for boarding Vancouver Canucks defenseman Ashton Sautner.
The incident occurred at 16:23 of the second period of the Canucks' 7-4 win over Ottawa on Wednesday night.
After the puck skipped over Pageau's stick in the Vancouver zone, the forward pursued Sautner and hit him through the back into the boards when the defenseman attempted to chip the puck out of the zone.
Pageau received a minor penalty for boarding.
Pageau, who had no previous disciplinary history, will forfeit $16,667 in salary. The suspension ruled him out of Ottawa's game at Calgary on Thursday night.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 21, 2019