DE Clayborn returns to Falcons after 1 season with Patriots
- Draft in Cleveland in 2021, KC in 2023
- Pass interference reviews may be tweaked
- Rivera not worried Newton isn't throwing
- Falcons lose DE Means for season
- Raiders sign free agent TE Swoope
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) Defensive end Adrian Clayborn is returning to the Atlanta Falcons on a one-year contract following one season with the New England Patriots.
The 30-year-old Clayborn played for the Falcons from 2015-17 and is best known for setting a team record with six sacks against the Dallas Cowboys in 2016.
Clayborn had 11 tackles and 3+ sacks in the regular season and postseason for the Super Bowl champion Patriots last season. He had 13 sacks in his three seasons with the Falcons.
Clayborn was a first-round pick by Tampa Bay in the 2011 draft. He had 13 sacks in four seasons with the Buccaneers.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 9, 2019