Big Ten grants waiver, Iowa's Cordell Pemsl to return
- Big East to invite UConn to rejoin
- Calipari signs 10-year, $86M extension
- At least 6 programs to face allegations
- Idaho fires coach Verlin after probe
- Kansas lands coveted recruit Wilson
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) Iowa forward Cordell Pemsl will return next season with two years of eligibility after the Big Ten Conference approved his hardship waiver.
The Hawkeyes announced the decision Friday for Pemsl, who played just 29 minutes last season after complications involving hardware from a knee surgery he had in high school. The 6-foot-8 Pemsl, a key reserve for the Hawkeyes, averaged 7.2 points and 4.7 rebounds through two-plus seasons.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated May 10, 2019